Sign in to follow this  
t114

"Protesters take to the streets nationwide"

This is the lead-in for CNN's coverage tonight. And to know that the protests and shows of support have spread from Ferguson, MO to the country gives this the sort of civil rights feel we haven't seen in decades. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, this is history in the making.

This is the lead-in for CNN's coverage tonight. And to know that the protests and shows of support have spread from Ferguson, MO to the country gives this the sort of civil rights feel we haven't seen in decades. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, this is history in the making.

And in two weeks to a couple of months no one will give a damn again untill the next incident happens, just like all those school shootings or other controversial tragedies.

Now if the plane showed up, CNN may explode.

Agree with 109 100%

Story today was in Providence they blocked off part of the highway.

Edited by p_bruins

Honestly, I believe Officer Wilson was well within his rights to shoot the jacked up on grass, fat little porker, I really do. Wilson ordered Brown to stop movement, he didn't comply and Wilson waited til the last possible minute until his own life was in danger, which I absolutely believe it was. If Wilson never issued a command to cease, then it could be debated, but when Brown said something like 'You're too much of a p---- to shoot me' and combined with the fact that Wilson shot him once and Brown kept charging at him like some sort of wildman, Wilson was given no other choice but to use lethal force...the fact that he was exonerated really didn't surprise me because 6-8 black witnesses to said shooting, all their testimony fell in line with what Officer Wilson stated in his testimony...

The fact that AG Holder is making this a personal/racial issue is a disgrace when he full well HAS to know there is NO way this is ever gonna stick, he has to know that but he's stubborn enough to push this and with encouragement from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, two of the biggest race-baiters many have ever known in this country and with Brown's stepfather or whatever that clown is inciting the crowd to 'burn this b*tch to the ground', HE should have been arrested for inciting a riot, which in fact he did, but he never was and personally, I'd love to know why he wasn't when that was a direct threat that lunatics sadly carried out and looted and destroyed multiple businesses on West Florissant in Ferguson, including the mini-mart that had been hit previously...thanks to the camera that was in place at the mini-mart, it showed it being looted and trashed and one idiot even tried to set it on fire if you'll remember right...but one black woman saw this act and took it upon herself to grab a gallon of milk from the cooler and doused the flames before they could spread. She was determined not to see this get any worse than it already was and that's to her credit surely! This is all caught on tape and the Ferguson Police Department will be reviewing all of the said video available to them and they will prosecute whoever they can identify....I know the Lt. Governor of Missouri was tearing the Governor a new one on the Fox News Channel about his hesitancy to call in the Missouri National Guard, which eventually showed up but by the time they did, it was far too late....

On a closing note, while we're all focused on the looters and animal thugs in Ferguson, a white man was shot and killed by a black police officer somewhere in Colorado recently...I haven't seen it in the news and I'm dying to know why because if the roles were reversed, you'd never hear the end of it. What's wrong is wrong, no matter what damn skin color you are and I'm frankly quite tired of them playing the race card, but when they see the President irresponsibly doing it without any hesitancy, EVERYBODY does it, but since it was a white man that was gunned down by a black cop, nary a peep on the news about it. I'm no fan of Fox News at all but I sure as hell will never watch liberal networks like CNN or MSNBC, Fox isn't the best, but compared to those two, it's actually quite informative. 

Just really ticked off at how racism has become the issue it has in this country currently...it's an utter disgrace if you ask me.  :angry:

What I'm even more furious about is how the New York Times, a well known liberal rag, went out and openly published Officer Wilson's home address...where the hell did they get the right to do that? Wilson surely never gave them that and why would he? Now, he has to fear for not only his very life, but that of his pregnant wife, who I also believe is a police officer in Ferguson too. Years ago, crap like this NEVER happens, but NOW? Look out....I'm pretty sure Officer Wilson and his wife have taken every precaution to re-locate because staying where the address states that he is at would be entirely too risky....someone should sue the Times for divulging that information and secondly, I'd love to know how the hell they got it in the first place!  :angry:

Edited by LehighValleyPhantomsPhan

I just don't get the twisted liberal logic that sides with this SOB, I really don't. Years ago when I was a teenager, what this punk pulled would have NEVER been tolerated and it certainly wouldn't have been celebrated the way it's seemingly been. It's clear to me that respect for law enforcement officers has also taken a hit as well too. Yes, I know some cops are crooked and I certainly hate that they exist but I refuse to lump in the majority of decent, upstanding officers in with the trash ones we know exist. 

If this incident had happened years ago, society would never even think to celebrate this clown nor make him a cause celebre' as they have too. It's borderline disgraceful, it really is, but sadly with the way society has devolved to the point where we celebrate criminals and bash the decent and upstanding officers who put their lives on the line every single day, it's just disgraceful from where I'm sitting..it just is. It's obvious Brown's parents did a craptastic job of raising that little punk and that's why he did what he did or tried to do. If Officer Wilson doesn't wrest the gun away from that SOB, it's more than likely that Brown kills him and a dollar to a donut we'd never hear about it and he'd be bragging to his buddies that 'he aced a 5-0', which I know is how black criminals describe cops and it's none too flattering either. 

Holder and Obama have clearly made this a race issue, trying to side with this punk and celebrate him? I'm sorry but that crap doesn't fly with me. Let's not forget this SOB was stoned on grass too when he assaulted Officer Wilson too. I'm really pissed off that the New York Times actually had the utter gall to publish all of Officer Wilson's personal information like his phone number and his address too. Excuse me if I'm a little bit pissed about that. That's supposed to be confidential information, plain and simple but they chose to make it public for what reason? Lord only knows! Growing up I was always taught to have respect for the law and police officers, always have had it, always will. It's clear that Brown had NO respect for authority and if you look at his mother, it's not hard to see why he didn't because she even beat up on her ex-mother in law recently and now she has charges against her and rightfully so. 

When a white cop kills a black kid, it's all over the frigging news but when a black police officer in the Denver area kills a white kid? Barely a peep on the news and I just would love to know why. Lastly, I see these idiots with these signs 'Black Lives Matter'? Seriously? Let me break it to you but I will, black lives DO NOT matter anymore than white or Latino ones do...WE ARE ALL THE SAME for chrissakes!  I'm not better than you and you sure as hell are NOT better than me...deal with it.  :angry:

Sorry I went on and on here yet again, but from here on out, I'll keep it much shorter than this. When I came back a good while back, I promised I wouldn't revert back to past habits and for the most part I haven't and won't start now. It's just this issue really burns me up big time, especially where society embraces a known criminal, who clearly disrespected the law, stole from a store, roughed up the owner, etc....

A criminal is a criminal no matter what damn color he is and I just wish the media would stop celebrating this punk and trust me he is NOT any upstanding kid, far from it and judging by his mother, it's not hard to see why he turned out the way he did. She's insanely disrespectful, her boyfriend, the one who fanned the flames in Ferguson after the verdict should be charged with inciting a riot, which video clearly shows he did. These people need to stop being celebrated and need to be start being held accountable for their actions and what they cause. If one of the stores that was looted and burned to the ground, I would NEVER build there again...no chance in hell. 

This is the lead-in for CNN's coverage tonight. And to know that the protests and shows of support have spread from Ferguson, MO to the country gives this the sort of civil rights feel we haven't seen in decades. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, this is history in the making.

I am not aware of any protests in Milwaukee, a top 30 city in population and less than 375 miles from St. Louis. So I guess it isn't "nationwide"!

CNN has almost as much credibility as the National Enquirer.

I am not aware of any protests in Milwaukee, a top 30 city in population and less than 375 miles from St. Louis. So I guess it isn't "nationwide"!

Yes, because everyone knows that if it's not happening in Milwaukee, it's not happening anywhere.

As for LVPP:

1.) I had a big long reply to you typed out a couple days ago, but my laptop ate it. Consider yourself lucky. Suffice it to say that you're way off base on some points and flat-out ignorant on some others.

2.) It's pretty ironic that you liked my tongue-in-cheek reply to Section109 considering he was basically saying "ignore the wack job from Allentown". Unless, that is, you thought I was being serious and you want someone to fight you...

Yes, because everyone knows that if it's not happening in Milwaukee, it's not happening anywhere.

As for LVPP:

1.) I had a big long reply to you typed out a couple days ago, but my laptop ate it. Consider yourself lucky. Suffice it to say that you're way off base on some points and flat-out ignorant on some others.

2.) It's pretty ironic that you liked my tongue-in-cheek reply to Section109 considering he was basically saying "ignore the wack job from Allentown". Unless, that is, you thought I was being serious and you want someone to fight you...

I would absolutely agree with Adsfan that CNN anymore has the credibility level of the National Enquirer, they're more like those rag tabloid shows like Entertainment Tonight or Extra instead of being about news, the way they used to be. 

As far as anyone saying in any uncertain terms to ignore me? Well, to be honest, I've been called much worse in the past, believe me Rowdy, I can handle that. I don't think having a different opinion than the majority makes me a wack job, I really don't. When you hear this SOB's stepfather or whatever the hell he is going on a tangent to 'Burn this MFer down' and those idiots do it like clueless lemmings, destroying people's businesses and livelihoods, you surely don't expect me to turn a blind eye to it, do you? If Wilson was wrong and overstepped his legal bounds, as much as I've always supported the police, I'd say that he did but I don't believe that's the case. This clown was disrepectful from the start, strongarmed the store-owner out of two boxes of cigarellos or whatever the hell they were,I don't know...roughed up the store owner, the store owner calls the police, he cops an attitude with Officer Wilson, says what he says like a cheap petty punk, ignores Wilson's requests to get on the sidewalk and we all know the rest. 

Turns out in news reports today that this clown's stepfather is an ex-con, who clearly shows he learned NOTHING in prison and only passed it on to his stepson...any person within his right mind, Rowdy, respects a person of authority, you would, I would and most everybody else would as well and then you have cases like Brown where he showed absolutely NO respect towards police, told them in no uncertain terms where they could go, again you know the rest...I believe Brown's real father showed far more class and respect throughout all this, this SOB clearly didn't. Brown went after Ofc. Wilson's gun, which you never do. Where you, I and most everyone else here has respect for the law, others like Brown and his stepfather clearly showed they had none. I also hear today that they're looking into charges against his mother as well as the stepfather or whatever he is to Brown, I don't know and they should, plain and simple. 

Did I think you were being serious when you said what you did, Rowdy? Absolutely not...not much that's said on here, if anything at all that's said here really is never taken seriously by me...almost never is too. I just find it really odd that in all of this crap that's gone on, we always almost only see his 'saintly' graduation pic when there are also pics with him shown flashing gang signs. I think anyone who joins a gang is the lowest form of scum there is and I'll never apologize for that because a lot of people feel that way...they just don't say it out in the open like I do...

Oh noes, kids flashing gang signs, next they'll be writing "4:20" on the bathroom stalls at school and listening to the rap music.

For a guy who is "no fan of FOX News", you certainly hit all the talking points that the typical zombified viewer of that "news" network throws into the public debate, most of which is half truth, mixed with a hefty dose of right-wing editorializing, and slathered with bullshit.

God damn, Rowdy, I said I wasn't going there..... :wacko:

Edited by Section109

I wasn't going to comment at all on this, but idiocy only tangentially connected seems to be fair game. There were protests in Worcester, which is a long way from St Louis and even further from a top 30 city in population. A simple Google search shows news results of protests all over the US.

So, yeah, "nationwide".

Things just went from bad to worse

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-eric-garner-chokehold-death-not-indicted-article-1.2031841

Garner was referring to the shocking cellphone video first published on NYDailyNews.com that showed Officer Daniel Pantaleo placing Garner in a chokehold — a move banned by the NYPD — and wrestling him to the ground.

“The grand jury kept interviewing witnesses but you didn't need witnesses,” the anguished widow said. “You can be a witness for yourself. Oh my God, this s--- is crazy.”

Esaw Garner said she is now placing her hopes for justice with the U.S. Department of Justice.

This is beyond insane. Almost everyone save from the most extreme right-wingers agreed there was no defense for what this cop did. And it was caught on tape. A choke hold, specifically banned by the NYPD.

I have long been a defender of the police and the dangers they face each day in spite of being a "pinko commie liberal", but I'm done. Just done. The system is rigged. A "prosecutor" who needs cops more than they need the average person cannot try these cases. Period.

Edited by Section109

Things just went from bad to worse

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-eric-garner-chokehold-death-not-indicted-article-1.2031841

Garner was referring to the shocking cellphone video first published on NYDailyNews.com that showed Officer Daniel Pantaleo placing Garner in a chokehold — a move banned by the NYPD — and wrestling him to the ground.

“The grand jury kept interviewing witnesses but you didn't need witnesses,” the anguished widow said. “You can be a witness for yourself. Oh my God, this s--- is crazy.”

Esaw Garner said she is now placing her hopes for justice with the U.S. Department of Justice.

This is beyond insane. Almost everyone save from the most extreme right-wingers agreed there was no defense for what this cop did. And it was caught on tape. A choke hold, specifically banned by the NYPD.

I have long been a defender of the police and the dangers they face each day in spite of being a "pinko commie liberal", but I'm done. Just done. The system is rigged. A "prosecutor" who needs cops more than they need the average person cannot try these cases. Period.

I totally agree with 109 here because I was really certain that SOME kind of discipline would have been handed out after Garner's unfortunate death at the hands of the NYPD, but sadly, NO discipline will be issued to the officers who caused Garner's death...it was needless, no question about it and the fact that NO discipline came of this is beyond ridiculous...

As someone who has always admired and respected the NYPD, this definitely damages that admiration and respect...for these officers to have been involved in Garner's death and there be NO discipline? Totally wrong, totally offbase and while my respect for the Department of Justice has never been lower, especiallly with Holder in charge, I believe this is a case where they should get involved and discipline MUST be handed down so Garner did not die in vain... :angry:

I think no matter what side you were on the Michael Brown case,

This one is just plain messed up.  If there is an argument I would love to hear it.  I have not heard one yet.

Had to look up Formosa's Law, so I will pull a Godwin:

In later breaking news, Congress has finally agreed on something:

No Social Security for Nazis.

Woohoo!

That is not an example of Godwin's Law.

Had to look up Formosa's Law, so I will pull a Godwin:

In later breaking news, Congress has finally agreed on something:

No Social Security for Nazis.

Woohoo!

That is not an example of Godwin's Law.

I have to agree with 210.

Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

Soc/Key Season did not compare anyone to the Nazis or Hitler, she merely mentioned the Nazis being in the current news.

Edited by adsfan