Sign in to follow this  
HBearfan21

Bears eliminate Sharks after blowout win

Sorry for any Sharks fans on the page, Bears win 10-4. Statement game from how we played Wednesday night.

Hershey set a team record with 48 shots on goal in a playoff game, 1st time scoring 10 goals in a playoff game since Kentucky was around.

Good god....am I ever sorry I missed this one. I had to look at the score 3 times before I realized it wasn't an error.

Any idea when the next games are?

I know games 1-2 are in Hershey Wednesday and Friday. Opponent is yet to be determine.

Not a good way for your team to lose when it's your last season in a particular city before moving elsewhere and said loss will get you eliminated from the playoffs.

:(

Well its not quite the end of AHL hockey in Worcester just yet. The Hartford Wolfpack and Hershey Bears announced today that due to building availability games 3 and 4 will be played at the DCU center. That will be interesting to see.

Not a good way for your team to lose when it's your last season in a particular city before moving elsewhere and said loss will get you eliminated from the playoffs.

:(

Hershey has a knack for being there at a team's farewell performance.  The final game in River Rats history was Game 4 of a second round sweep at the hands of the Bears.  At least we got to go out on home ice; the Sharks weren't even afforded that small dignity.

Well its not quite the end of AHL hockey in Worcester just yet. The Hartford Wolfpack and Hershey Bears announced today that due to building availability games 3 and 4 will be played at the DCU center. That will be interesting to see.

Interesting indeed...

That's kind of adding insult to injury to Sharks fans.

How far is that from Hartford? Any feelings on what the crowd wil be like?

I think you underestime the Worcester faithfull if you think these games being played in Worcester is an insult to injury. With the way the Sharks left with the "hey it's just business" attitude that didn't exactly endear them to the fans I think most of us will be happy just to get together for one last hurrah and watch some playoff hockey. That being said I'm not expecting too huge a crowd given the short notice and times of the games. Game 3 is 3:00 Sunday and 4 is 7:00 Monday

As for the distance Hartford is roughly an hour away from Worcester down I-84 so its not too far. I'm actually curious to find out if the Mass Mutual center in Springfield was available since that's actually only 20-30 minutes from Hartford.

But there'll still be no Worcester teams playing. The Sharks got eliminated and are preparing for their move to the West Coast. And once Game 4 of that series is over, I won't be surprised if the AHL doesn't return to Worcester anytime soon.

As for the distance Hartford is roughly an hour away from Worcester down I-84 so its not too far. I'm actually curious to find out if the Mass Mutual center in Springfield was available since that's actually only 20-30 minutes from Hartford.

I wonder if it was more a matter of convenience than availability.  Obviously Worcester still has ice, while any other arena would have had to lay down an ice sheet; IIRC, that takes a couple days from start to finish.  Not that there wouldn't have been time to do so, but why go through the trouble of preparing a rink for two games when you've already got an available arena with ice in place?

We're about an hour north, but it's an easy ride...almost all highway.

The crowd will likely be small, and based on my twitter feed, rooting against both teams and being very vocal about it. LOL

With the way the Sharks left with the "hey it's just business" attitude that didn't exactly endear them to the fans I think most of us will be happy just to get together for one last hurrah and watch some playoff hockey.

Everyone I've talked to had no issue with how san Jose handled it. No idea who you're talking to...

I wonder if it was more a matter of convenience than availability.  Obviously Worcester still has ice, while any other arena would have had to lay down an ice sheet; IIRC, that takes a couple days from start to finish.  Not that there wouldn't have been time to do so, but why go through the trouble of preparing a rink for two games when you've already got an available arena with ice in place?
That might be the reason the Mass Mutual Center couldn't host any games there. Looking at the schedule, they already have the American Dance Awards from May 8th through the 10th. And even though there are no events planned at the MMC on the 11th, they might not have enough time to set up the ice there for a game on the 11th. So the MMC is not an option.

Good god....am I ever sorry I missed this one. I had to look at the score 3 times before I realized it wasn't an error.

I know games 1-2 are in Hershey Wednesday and Friday. Opponent is yet to be determine.

Well, from what I have seen earlier this weekend, Hershey should be taking on Hartford because according to the AHL site I saw after the Monarchs closed out their series, it's looking like this:

Eastern Conference Semifinals – Series “I” (best-of-7) 

1-Manchester Monarchs vs. 4-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 

Game 1 – Wed., May 6 – W-B/Scranton at Manchester, 7:00 

Game 2 – Thu., May 7 – W-B/Scranton at Manchester, 7:00 

Game 3 – Sat., May 9 – Manchester at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 

Game 4 – Mon., May 11 – Manchester at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 

*Game 5 – Tue., May 12 – Manchester at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 

*Game 6 – Fri., May 15 – W-B/Scranton at Manchester, 7:00 

*Game 7 – Sat., May 16 – W-B/Scranton at Manchester, 7:00 

Eastern Conference Semifinals – Series “J” (best-of-7) 

2-Hershey Bears vs. 3-Hartford Wolf Pack 

Game 1 – Wed., May 6 – Hartford at Hershey, 7:00 

Game 2 – Fri., May 8 – Hartford at Hershey, 7:00 

Game 3 – Sun., May 10 – Hershey vs. Hartford, 3:00 (W) 

Game 4 – Mon., May 11 – Hershey vs. Hartford, 7:00 (W) 

*Game 5 – Wed., May 13 – Hartford at Hershey, 7:00 

*Game 6 – Fri., May 15 – Hershey at Hartford, 7:00 

*Game 7 – Sun., May 17 – Hartford at Hershey, 5:00

Edited by LehighValleyPhantomsPhan

Any thought/heard anything about tix prices?

They go on sale at noon today (or so I was told on Facebook, I didn't bother to check). No word on pricing yet.

Just found out, all tickets are $13 dollars.

That's not going to hurt attendance.

Plenty of Worcester fans going just to boo both teams LOL

Just found out, all tickets are $13 dollars.

That's not going to hurt attendance.
Plenty of Worcester fans going just to boo both teams LOL

Would it be remiss to gather all the Worcester fans together at the start of the game for a "You both Suck!" chant?