Sign in to follow this  
adsfan

Admirals Win Again to Set a New Western Conference Standard

Milwaukee defeated the Iowa Wild 2-0 tonight. The Admirals are the first team to win 30 games in the Western Conference this season!

The Ads came into the game with a .663 winning percentage, good enough for third place behind Ontario at .667 and Rockford at .670.

The Wild are in 14th place in the Western Conference, but they always play their best against Milwaukee regardless of records.

Milwaukee had 14K fans officially tonight. The weather was bad. I think that about 11 or 12K were actually present.

Edited by adsfan

Rockford is at .657 with 29 wins in 51 games and in first place. They are 1-4 in shoot outs.

Milwaukee is at .657 with 32 wins in 51 games and in second place. They are 6-0 in shoot outs.

I hate the new standings. They are TOTAL BS!

A team is penalized for winning. How does that make any sense in professional sports?

I have been informed by the author of the Admirals Roundtable that the AHL website that showed Milwaukee in second place was INCORRECT!

He stated that the Admirals have both more regulation wins and an advantage in the head-to-head competition versus Rockford so far this season.

The rules should be changed for next if the AHL website employees can't show the standings properly.

This has to be a headache for them and the fans across all AHL divisions.

"Who in first? I don't know!" Abbott and Costello and theAHL.com website yesterday 2-21-16.

Don't want to start a new thread.

What did the SA coach do to get a 1 game suspension?

threw a couple of water bottles at the ref.

I didn't see it happen. There was no announcement. It was a surprise to me when I looked at the box score.

I was sitting upstairs instead of my usual second row seat. The crowd didn't react except for cheering the Admirals stick salute at center ice after the game.

Milwaukee did clinch a playoff spot, so I am happy!

Edited by adsfan