Sign in to follow this  
adsfan

Ads Defeat Chicago Despite Refs

The Admirals defeated Chicago in a shoot out 3-2. The  game ended  with Saros stopping Brett (Squirrel Face)  Sterling, who should have retired. The  Amtrak  series so far: Admirals 4, Chicago 1 point with 10 games remaining.

Adam Payerl had 3 penalties for Milwaukee, of the 9 called against them. Milwaukee gave up 1 PPG and scored 2 PPGs on 5 chances. Chicago was called for 5 penalties, with none in the third period. The Admirals  looked  like garbage in the 3-on-3 OT, but so did Chicago! Maybe that rule change should go back to a 4-on-4.

What I didn't like about the game. In the third period, Liambas was called for boarding. Okay, he did it and it should have been called. But, seconds later and after the whistle, Barbashyov gets away with the same kind of hit on Dougherty, in the same corner of the rink! No penalty was called. I think the AHL should look into that hit for a suspension. Chicago got away with an unbelievable amount of clutch and grab in the third period and the two refs called nothing on them. Pontus Aberg was put into a headlock in the southeast corner and kept in it for at least 5 seconds as the puck slid away. One ref was 10 feet away and looking right at it. The other side of the rink had an elbow in the teeth as a way to take the puck from an Admiral. No call on that either. A Chicago player even clubbed a linesman over the head with his stick. (I believe that he mistook him for an Admiral) The man was down for 15 or 20 seconds. No call. The Chicago player was laughing about it. The linesman looked dazed after he got up off the ice.

Edited by adsfan

Thanks, adsfan.  I like to see a fan passionate about the team she/he follows.  I didn't see the game, so I can't directly rebut your observations.  But if you followed hockey games across all pro leagues the same night, you could choose a dozen or more right answers in the multiple choice: "________ got away with an unbelievable amount of clutch and grab in the third period and the two refs called nothing on them."  The quality of on-ice officiating at all levels tends to fall about 10% short (to be generous) of the player speed & skills.

Was wondering why there's been no mention of the clubbing of the linesman's head on any of the assorted hockey blogs that generally report on such happenings, and why no video of the incident has been seen.

Must have been "accidental" contact. There was no replay. Maybe the various cameras at the UWM Panthers Arena (at least 3) didn't catch it.

Did  Barbashyov get suspended? He was playing in this morning's game against the Admirals. More crap that was not penalized or replayed. I had a good view of that one! It was clearly boarding and it was clearly after the whistle. I guess that was another "accident" not seen by two referees, who saw the other penalty 10 feet away, which was a penalty by Liambis. These refs don't call the same things the same way against both teams. The casual fans did catch on finally after the no call. The boom followed by an Admiral laying on the ice, did get their attention.

BTW. The same two ref clowns came back for Saturday's game against Iowa. They stunk from the beginning! Milwaukee won that game. Coach Dean Evason screamed at the refs for awhile about where a face off was located. I believe that was just an excuse to vent his spleen at the incompetence of  Alex Garon (64) and Andrew Thackaberry (4). I was surprised that Evason didn't get a penalty. He looked really angry and I was probably 125 feet away from him. Maybe the refs were afraid. Evason rarely shows any emotion, and he was looking like Bob Knight behind the bench. You could see the whites of his eyes from where I was at. He looked like he wanted to go onto the ice after at least one of the refs. It has the makings of a long season with a riot breaking out like in 1990 in the IHL. See the Derek Martin game.

I am glad that I have STX this year. I would hate to miss it!

Edited by adsfan